Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Addicted to Audiobooks

Addicted to Audiobooks

Since I have been commuting to my new job in Coquitlam, I have spent the two hours a day driving listening to various novels in audio form (audiobooks); I just download them and load them onto my cell phone, iPod or burn to a CD. Burning to a CD is nice because you can listen to the book through your car speakers, and you can avoid using headphones. The downside to using CD’s is you can “burn” through you writable CDs very fast this way (as I learned when listeneing to the Star Wars: Legacy series where each book took up 2 - 3 CDs each). This is an awesome way to spend the time a day you drive if you commute, especially if you don’t have time or the patience to read at home. Furthermore; I find that you take in the story when it is read to you as apposed to reading, when you can easily get distracted and sidetracked in your own thoughts. Since April I have listened to the following books:

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows

Star Wars: Legacy: Betrayal
Star Wars: Legacy: Bloodlines
Star Wars: Legacy: Tempest
Star Wars: Legacy: Exile
Star Wars: Legacy: Sacrifice
Star Wars: Legacy: Inferno
Star Wars: Legacy: Fury
Star Wars: Legacy: Revelation
Star Wars: Legacy: Invincible

Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Outcast
Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Omen

Twilight
New Moon

Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Abyss

Eclipse
Breaking Dawn

Star Wars: Labyrinth of Evil
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Star Wars: Rogue Planet

The Art of War – Sun Tzu

The 5 Love Languages

Learn French with Michel Thompson

Star Wars: Outbound Flight
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars: I, Jedi
Star Wars: Death Troopers
Star Wars: Vector Prime
Star Wars: Dark Tide I: Onlaught
Star Wars: Dark Tide II: Ruin
Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Backlash
Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Allies

Helmet for My Pillow - Robert Leckie
With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa - E.B. Sledge

0 comments: